Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year!

knits 2009

Happy new year! I'm sad that I didn't get to update this blog again in 2009, but pretty happy with my knitting progress this past year! I knit my first two successful sweaters - three if you count the Baby Surprise Jacket - and my first two toys, and learned a few new skills like broomstick lace and double knitting.

2010 should be a great knitting year because one of my Christmas presents was membership in the Rockin' Sock Club! I'm so excited and can't wait to get the first kit later this month!

Coming soon: the Christmas socks that weren't. Watch this space!

3 comments:

Kitty said...

I did the RSC two years ago, and it was so much fun! I can't wait to see what you get- the dyer's notes were my favorite part!

Anonymous said...

You completed some really beautiful things this year! I made one of Eunny's endpaper mitts already and I was about to cast on the second one, but I still haven't decided if I'm going to do them with the negative colors like you did or exactly the same. Do you really like the negative colors method that you did? I think it looks really nice, but is it ever weird to you that they look different?

Kate said...

@artohline, I've made two pairs of endpapers and both have had swapped colors between the mitts. Both pairs were gifted to other people, who so far have approved of the swappiness. If you look on my ravelry page, you can see the other pair I did, using blue and green - I think the swappiness stands out less with those colors; with the brown/white pair in this post, the contrast is so sharp that the effect more pronounced.