Monday, June 14, 2010

woohoo!


Oh, hello there.


After half a year, my mom's Christmas Mothers Day present is done!

I think I can safely say that this was my most challenging project to date...but also the most beautiful socks I've ever made! There are a few things I would have done differently. I pretty much always prefer wooden needles, but this yarn was so sticky and the needles so tiny and the cables so intense that I think metal might have been a better choice here. And I would have taken more careful notes on the pattern so as to avoid repeating my first-sock mistakes on the second sock 3 months later (there is a part on the toe with some k3tog symbols that look deceptively similar to the k2tog symbols. now I REALLY appreciate the color-coded charts that Blue Moon puts out).

But they are DONE and basically frakking awesome.

7 comments:

lori said...

they're gorgeous! you have every reason to be proud. i love the color, and the pattern is very cool, with the cables going straight down the foot. lucky mom!

sara said...

Amazing!!!!!!! Well done.

Kitty said...

Those socks are amazing!

It's good to see you in blogland!

Linda said...

Super lovely socks! Well done on getting them done!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are amazing!!! Great job!

Mom said...

Luck mom here and wow are these socks beautiful!!!! I'm still fondling and admiring them, having tried them on yet, enjoying the process. Thank you thank you thank you my amazing wonderful daughter! (Which I would say even without the socks!) Now if I can just keep your sister and/or your grandmother from stealing them from me...

The Unraveled Librarian said...

This pattern is lovely, as is the color! Nice work!