Friday, January 15, 2010

friday night dorkiness

I'm at work. It's 8:13 PM. It's Friday night. I'm banging my head against this project. My office is deserted.

It's quiet...TOO quiet.

I don't work well in this sort of quiet, so out come iTunes, Pandora, YouTube. I wanted to share this Yarn Harlot clip with you (embedding disabled, unfortunately). I processed a data set and made four graphs while listening to this! Clearly focus-enhancing material. If you haven't seen the YH speak before, it's...well, it's knitting stand-up comedy. "It's a niche market." Ha.

Want some more geekery? Here's one from the archives. I participated in a square swap for a while, and once I was paired with another physics student. This is what I came up with for her:

maxwell square


Maxwell's equations <3 <3 <3

I hope your evening is a little more fun and relaxing than mine. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kitty said...

How is the Yarn Harlot so damn funny?! She just cracks me up- I just wish she could appeal to a broader audience! ;)

Linda said...

I must go and listen to the yarn Harlot! I hope you got away from work?!

GerryART said...

Well, no time left this morning to visit the rest of your blog. BTW, found via Implausible Yarn's comments.
Clicked on your link to watch Yarn Harlot and got lost in the wonder. She is a hoot and does knit fast. I'll be back to visit you some more.

GerryART said...

I just subscribed to your blog feed.